Black Racism!?

CAN BLACK PEOPLE BE RACIST?

I recently took it upon myself to voice out something I've been thinking about for a very long time. That... "black people can be racist too but no one wants to discuss that"

This is because of the racism I experienced first hand when I was 6. A colored girl told me that I was too black to be a Muslim and all the white and Indian kids in PreSchool said that my English was too good for a black girl. I was told that I have "kroes hare" and it honestly destroyed my self esteem.
As I grew up I came across more kids just like me but instead of taking all the insults sitting down, they retaliated like normal kids. You know kids can be cruel, they just tell it like it is and they channeled all the pain and fury as hatred towards the other kids who didn't look like them.

I took a huge risk posting this... knowing very well that social media is not for the faint-hearted and when people don't necessarily agree with you, they are definitely going to voice out their opinions as well. 

As expected I got bashed and accused of using white supremacy to keep black people apart, some went to the extent of saying that racism doesn't exist in the black community and that "an oppressed race can never be racist". 
The same oppressed race who tend to add coloured's and Indians to our struggles because we identify with them politically, but when the odds are against us we turned our backs on them and don't regard them as our own. 
If this isn't racism then it is blatant hypocrisy! 

Surprisingly there were people who actually agreed with my theory that 'black people can be racist too' because racism is the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another. 
Some said that we get away with racism as black people because we can just sugarcoat our slurs with what happened in the apartheid Era as a crime to humanity... so that gives us the right to 'vent' without worry. 

Racism was created for the sole purpose of segregation I did not post the statement to separate us, I wanted to create a safe space for people to give out opinions without feeling apologetic and also for us to take accountability the same way we want others to. 

Below are a few opinions expressed on the matter 
All I can say is that racism is taught and we ought to be the change we want to see 


Comments

  1. Keep on doing the most ...😊 ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good that u speak of this because most people love to not be at fault even tho we all know very well how we treat each other. I think if we start to end racism within hopefully someday racism will end. 🤔👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black people can be racist and some are racist but they definitely hide behind the prejudice of apartheid and oppression using them as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You expression are heard. Nicely done Amo.

    Matlotlo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sad truth...only the brave can say it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment